Registered Charity Number RCN:20084172
Company Registration Number:540039
Revenue Charity Number: CHY21126
Circle of Friends Cancer Support Centre is a Company Limited by Guarantee and it is managed by a voluntary board of trustees who meet on a regular basis.
We wish to confirm that that our organisation complies with the principles of the Governance Code for Irish Charities and we make annual reports to the Charities Regulator as required by law.
We wish to confirm that our accounts are independently audited each year by Lacy, Mulcahy, Fitzgerald and Co. A copy of our 2022 Accounts is available here.
Code of Conduct
- Trust underpins the ethos of Circle Of Friends.
- The nature of the work at the Centre relies on confidentiality and compassion.
- Respect is evident within the organisation, as is empathy and acknowledging vulnerability
- All these are bound together by knowledge – ensuring that our practice is of the highest standard and our communication system effectively informs workers, volunteers , therapists and service users of the above values – which promotes confidence through the organisation.
- The board adheres to these values and guides the Charity with honesty , fairness , independence and transparency.
The following policies are available at the Centre
- Data Protection
- Referral for Additional Supports
- Admission and Discharge
- Code of Ethics and Practice-Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Fair and Equitable Access
- Governance Code Compliance Record Form
- Social Media Fundraising Policy
- Travel Expense Policy
- Child Safeguarding Statement
- Safeguarding Children Policy
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons At Risk Of Abuse
- Dignity At Work
- Guidelines For Working With Children And Young People
- Health And Safety
Co-Ordinator of Services
Kay has occupied this position since October 2018. Her previous position, from 2001, was as Director of Nursing in St.John’s Hospital, Limerick City. Kay spent many years in the U.K., where she went originally to do her nurse training. She is a native of Bansha, where she now resides.
Caroline is the Office Administrator since August 2014, starting out in Station House, in the old Centre and continuing on to the new Centre in November 2018. Caroline has lived in Tipperary Town all her life and has worked in administration/receptionist positions locally for many years.
Our Support Staff
Our Team members are:
- Joan O’Sullivan,
- Tom Gleeson,
- Ewelina Buczynska
who together with our Volunteers will always give you a warm welcome.
- Jim Rhatigan(Chairperson)
- Carolyn Fanning(Secretary)
- Nick McCarthy (Treasurer)
- Nora Hoare( PRO)
- Jennifer Jones Hickey(Founder)
- Liam Bergin (Board Member)
- Monica Fogarty (Board Member)
- Niall Kennedy(Board Member)
- William O’Donovan (Board Member)
- Maeve Lowry(Board Member)
- Mary Teresa O’Donnell(Board Member)
- Tom O’Donoghue(Board Member)